Boosting team morale and productivity could be considered as the number 1 goal for every project manager. The term team management isn’t just about allocating tasks to be checked off by your team before the end of the day. Key factors that contribute to the concept of effective team management are teamwork, collaboration, and recognition.
Without them, a company’s overall performance is at risk. This is where team management tools come into play. Unfortunately, no matter how hard a project manager tries or how many expensive tools she/he invests in, something or someone is often left behind. And here in-lies our problem…and where there is a business-related problem, there is a Process Street solution.
You see, not all team management tools are meant for you. Without the right approach and the right tool, your chances of keeping each team member productive and satisfied, are next to impossible.
You need to find a tool that works best for you and your team and you need to find it soon. In this article, we will explain the importance of effective team management. We will then present you with our 14 top team management tools so that you can find the right one for you.
Click on the relevant subheader below to jump to that section. Alternatively, scroll down to find the information you need to evaluate the best team management tool for you.
- Team management: What it is and why it is important
- Team management tools: What are they?
- Team management tools: Our top 14
- Superpowered team management processes with Process Street
We’ll start with the basics of team management. What it is and why it is important? Team management is the coordination of a group of individuals to perform a specific task. Team management is a subset of the broader discipline: project management.
Project management versus team management
Project management explains how the resources of a project are organized and implemented for successful project completion. With successful project management comes the delivery of expectations: what can be delivered, when this can be delivered, and the cost of delivery. Resources are maximized, the project cost is controlled, change is managed, and teamwork and collaboration are enforced.
Drawing on the latter point – teamwork and collaboration are enforced – it is clear that team management is a management skill vital for project success.
Team Management: An essential management skill
Management skills are certain attributes or abilities a manager should possess to be effectual in their duties and to deliver the needed project results. A team that goes through the motions, will not care for the success of your project or even your company. Effective team management is essential in maintaining a positive company culture, an environment that promotes project completion and to retain employee engagement.
What is a team management tool?
A team management tool is an application that assists the user in managing their team and project. There are hundreds of handy team management tools in the market boasting their effectiveness by:
- Boosting collaboration
- Promoting recognition
- Ensuring employee satisfaction
With this in mind, it can be difficult to select the right tool for you. However, with our list of 14 top team management tools, choosing just got a lot easier.Team management tools: Our top 14 picks.In this article, we present our top 14 team management software picks. We summarize the pros and cons of each tool so that choosing the right tool is easier for you.
Best team management tool for process management: Process Street
Process Street is a robust and straightforward business process management solution. It’s designed to help you manage repeating business procedures, minimize mistakes, save money, and collaborate easily within your team. With Process Street, you can create recurring checklists, collaborate around them, track their progress, and complete projects as planned.
What the users like:
With Process Street, project and team management become a breeze. Simply:
- Document every step of your project.
- Transfer your documented project into a Process Street template.
- Add features such as task due dates, stop tasks and role assignments to adapt and refine the management of your project and team.
- Activate the template once the project commences. Once activated the template is termed as a checklist. You can have more than one checklist running from the same template at a time.
- Track the progress of your team members in terms of their assigned tasks.
- Receive regular email updates for each project, keeping you in the loop.
- Collaborate with project members in one space.
At Process Street, we have a wealth of free template resources stored in our template library.
To help you get started with your projects, check out Process Street’s Project Management Process Template.
This template is free and ready for you to use right away. In this template, you will find features such as:
- Stop tasks to ensure task order.
- Dynamic due dates, so no deadline is missed.
- Conditional logic, creating a dynamic template that caters to your needs.
- Role assignments, to ease task delegation within your team.
- Approvals, to sign tasks off within your team. Tasks can be assessed by the relevant team member/s. The assigned approver can easily open the checklist. Information from the tasks is then used to either approve or reject, or reject with a comment.
It is with these features that Process Street checklists are deemed to be superpowered, and can superpower the management of your team.
What the users dislike:
Process Street is a great tool, but there’s no mobile app yet.
- Process Street Business – $12 .50 per user per month
- Process Street Business Pro – $25 per user per month
- Process Street Enterprise – Available by quote
Sign up to Process Street here. All plans start with a 14-day FREE trial..
Best team management tool for scalable remote collaboration: Proofhub
ProofHub is an online project management and team management software that helps businesses organize projects, people and get work done. The software delivers basic and advanced features for refined project or team management under one roof. This includes:
- Task management software
- One-on-one group chats
- Discussion topics
- Gantt chart tool
- Kanban boards
- File management systems
- Online proofing tool
- Time tracking tool
By: Jane Courtnell