Do you want to work from home?
Here are 23 companies that consistently offer remote job opportunities.
Remote Work: The Breakdown
Each year, Flexjobs ranks the Top 100 companies that offer remote work. Flexjobs says that 23 companies have ranked in the Top 100 for each of the last six years. These companies offer jobs across several industries, including technology, health care, sales, travel, hospitality, education and training.
When it comes to remote jobs, there are several types to consider:
- 100% remote work: you always work from home
- partial remote work: you sometimes work from home
- option for remote work: you may be able to work from home
Remote work doesn’t necessarily mean you take calls in your pajamas and watch television anytime you don’t have a conference call. You’ll be expected to perform at the same standards of excellence as all your colleagues back at headquarters.
How do you know if a remote job is right for you? There are several criteria to consider:
- You prefer the flexibility to work from home.
- You may have children or dependents who require you to be at home.
- You prefer not to commute to an office.
- You may be more productive working by yourself.
While allure of working from home may seem appealing, there are issues to consider:
- You may feel disconnected from the company culture.
- Your colleagues may perceive that you work less than they do.
- Your colleagues and team leaders may think you are always available since you “work from home.”
- You may find collaboration with colleagues to be more challenging.
Top 23 Companies For Remote Work
If you decide that remote work makes sense for you, here are 23 companies that consistently hire for remote jobs and have demonstrated a commitment to workplace flexibility:
Overview: Appen is a technology services company.
Sample Jobs: social media evaluator, search engine evaluator, linguist and voice data collector.
2. Kelly ServicesOverview: Kelly Services has been a leader in workforce and staffing solutions, including remote hiring.
Sample Jobs: technical support representative, contracts specialist, and quality assurance tester.
3. UnitedHealth GroupOverview: The diversified healthcare services provided by UnitedHealth Group encompass insurance, healthcare benefits, and technology-based health services.
Sample Jobs: Medicaid care advocate, data science support engineer and community-based case manager.
4. DellOverview: Dell is a global computer and software company.
Sample Jobs: sales compensation analyst, product specialist and senior systems engineer.
5. BCD TravelOverview: BCD Travel is a global travel management company offering travel consulting and services to companies, organizations and individuals.
Sample Jobs: senior corporate travel consultant, Big Data engineer and financial analyst.
6. AnthemOverview: The healthcare services provided by Anthem reach more than 73 million people across the U.S.
Sample Jobs: network management consultant, behavioral health medical director and provider contract specialist.
7. KaplanOverview: Kaplan is a for-profit educational company offering K-12 programs, online higher education, professional training and test preparation.
Sample Jobs: SAT prep instructor, MCAT prep instructor and ACT prep instructor.
8. SAPOverview: SAP provides a range of enterprise software and services, including data and IT management, to clients worldwide.
Sample Jobs: UX/UI architect, enterprise cloud technical lead and senior customer engagement executive.
9. K12Overview: An online educational company, K12 provides learning programs and solutions for youth in kindergarten through 12th grade.
Sample Jobs: high school Spanish teacher, PE/health teacher and special education paraprofessional.
10. ADPOverview: ADP is a global provider of business outsourcing and human capital management, including human resource and talent management, payroll, tax and benefits administration solutions.
Sample Jobs: senior application developer, talent acquisition sourcer and client relationship manager.
11. HumanaOverview: Nearly 14 million people use the health, wellness, and insurance products offered by Humana, one of the nation’s largest insurance providers.
Sample Jobs: As an employer, Humana recently offered remote jobs such as medical sales representative, mail operations pharmacy technician, and senior pharmacy sales executive.
12. PearsonOverview: An international learning company, Pearson offers content, tools, products, and services for educators and students worldwide.
Sample Jobs: technology adjunct teacher, special ed operations consultant and elementary teacher.
13. VMwareOverview: VMware is a global software company and subsidiary of Dell that specializes in cloud and virtualization software and services.
Sample Jobs: senior systems engineering manager, PSO consultant – cloud and technical project manager.
14. EXLOverview: EXL provides solutions that help companies streamline operations, prepare for change and create opportunities for growth.
Sample Jobs: commercial insurance inspector, pivot auditor and premium auditor.
15. SalesforceOverview: Salesforce is a technology company offering customer relationship platforms and solutions designed to help organizations connect with customers.
Sample Jobs: senior front-end software engineer; account executive (public sector) and strategic account manager.
16. PAREXELOverview: PAREXEL is a global biopharmaceutical services company that serves the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries.
Sample Jobs: clinical research associate, clinical site manager and principal consultant.
17. Grand Canyon University Overview: Grand Canyon University is a faith-based institution of higher learning offering both campus-based and online undergraduate and graduate programs.
Sample Jobs: elementary student teacher supervisor; adjunct instructor, probability and statistics; and adjunct instructor, enterprise security.
18. SodexoOverview: Sodexo is a leading hospitality company that serves markets including sports and leisure, corporate education, healthcare and government organizations.
Sample Jobs: project manager; director, strategic account development; and human resources manager.
19. CVS HealthOverview: One of the nation’s leading healthcare companies, CVS Health manages more than 9,500 pharmacy stores and fills more than 1 billion prescriptions a year.
Sample Jobs: account manager, regional pharmacy auditor and pharmacist/clinical advisor.
20. XeroxOverview: A longtime leader of document technology and business support services, Xerox provides business services and document management products and solutions.
Sample Jobs: Recent job titles at Xerox with remote options include information manager – real estate, production sales specialist and field service technician.
21. Western Governors University – WGUOverview: Western Governors University is a leading accredited online university serving more than 40,000 students nationwide.
Sample Jobs: physical science course instructor, business/accounting evaluation faculty and course instructor – secondary education.
22. American ExpressOverview: American Express is a global financial service company.
Sample Jobs: senior account executive, customer care professional and executive administrative assistant.
23. HD SupplyOverview: HD is a leading wholesale distribution company.
Sample Jobs: field sales representative, installation field project manager and field sales supervisor.