Long Tail Pro provides exact search volume data, as well as our industry-leading Keyword Competitiveness (KC) metric. You can search for specific keywords, or get hundreds of keyword suggestions at a time.
You can View your domain statistics and pick the best keywords for your site. Use Target KC to find out which keywords are easy, which ones will take extra effort, and which ones to avoid.
Use the Google AdWords Suggestions to find hundreds of new related keywords in minutes, for any country or language.Measure your success and keep tabs on how you’re doing with the Brand New Rank Tracker feature in Long Tail Pro, fresh out of beta testing. Based on feedback from 70,000 marketers.
Know how close you are to the top result for all your keywords so you can hone in on your winning keywords and start seeing results even faster.
- Keyword Competitiveness Score and Competitor Analysis
- Search for keywords manually or get hundreds of suggestions for each keyword search
- Keyword results include Search volume (from Google Data) Keyword Competitiveness score calculated by Long Tail Pro for each keyword searched Bid Competition
- SERP lookup and detailed competition analysis for each keyword
- Rank Value feature to estimate the monthly value of ranking #1 for each keyword
- Personal Domain analysis and customized Keyword Competitiveness Targets
- Add Seed Keywords – this is where you add your broad terms you want to build keyword lists from.
- Add My Own Keywords – a feature of LTP Platinum (will discuss this in more detail later). It allows you to bulk add your own keywords, giving you competition metrics and expanding your list much faster.
- Suggested Bids – useful if you’re looking at LTP from the perspective of building Adsense sites, or looking for Adwords keywords. You can filter so that results only above or below a certain suggested bid display.
- Local Search Volume – this is ticked by default, and is the search volume for each keyword for whichever Google locale you selected when creating your project. Once again you can pre-filter with min or max values here. Great if you want to avoid being shown hundreds of phrases with 0 or 10 or 20 volume.
- Advertiser Competition – THIS IS NOT FOR SEO, MMKAY! It’s a metric used to look at Adwords competition, so if you’re finding keywords for SEO then basically ignore this. However, may be useful for us PPC fiends.
- Num Words – A very useful feature in my opinion. You can set a min or max number of individual words in the keyword. This means you can focus on finding proper long tail phrases (e.g. “dog training toys for small puppies” as opposed to seeing lots of broader terms like “dog training”).
- Global Search Volume – THIS IS UNTICKED BY DEFAULT. Y? Y? Y? But seriously, make sure you tick this before you get to work, provided you are in a niche or business that makes sense on a global scale. Unnecessary if you are targeting a specific country or geographic area, and global volume isn’t relevant to your interests.
- Domain Availability – Checks to see if you can register your keyword as a domain name. Since EMDs aren’t cool any more, I’d advise it’s not worth the extra processing power. Branded domains are the future.
- Google Title Competition – Runs an “allintitle:” check for the keywords in Google
- Bing Title Competition – Same as above, but for Bing. Both of these are kind of useful if you are looking hard at SEO competition analysis.
Long Tail Pro can also be useful for PPC marketers, as it can help you to find keywords that would work well as phrase and exact matched terms, as well as get an indication of CPC and Adwords competition.