Time is something we all need more of, but how can you get more of it when there is only 24 hours in a day? Sadly there is no way to put more hours into each day, but what you can do is be more efficient with your time so you can follow your dreams. Here is how I was more efficient during my college years, which allowed me to run a business at the same time.
- Watch television on the web – the problem with television is that you had to watch TV shows when they want you to watch them. Now with the technology advancements most entertainment channels like NBC, FOX, CW, and even a few cable networks let you watch your favorite TV shows online. It is free, you can watch the shows when you want to, and an hour show usually ends up being 45 minutes because there are a lot less commercials.
- Sleep more – if you learn to take power naps, you will have more energy throughout the day. Although you may lose some time from napping, you will be able to work more efficiently, which will give you more time.
- Eat healthy meals – changing your diet maybe hard at first, but eating balanced meals will affect how you do your daily tasks. It will give you more energy so you can get your work done faster.
- Do less work – a lot of the things you do on a daily basis, don’t need to be done. Think about your daily routine and cut out anything that isn’t essential. You will be surprised on how much time you are wasting.
- Tell people what’s on your mind – being honest and to the point is a great way to accomplish things quicker. When you beat around the bush things don’t get accomplished as fast. Just think about boardroom meetings, people are hesitant to say what is on their mind, which causes meetings to drag on forever.
- Have some fun – all work and no play is a good way to make you feel depressed. Get some fun into your life, it will make you feel better, work harder, and hopefully make you want to accomplish your dreams.
- Adjust your working hours – many companies are very flexible on what times you can start and end work. If you work in a heavy traffic city such as Los Angeles you can easily spend an hour or 2 commuting to work during rush hour. But if you adjust your working hours you can cut back on driving time drastically.
- Cut down on your communication methods – cell phones, email, and instant messaging are just a few tools you probably use to communicate with others. The problem with some of these methods is that they can easily be abused. For example if you log onto AIM, you may waste an hour talking to others about junk. Try and use communication tools like AIM only when you need them.
- Don’t multi-task – when you mult-task you tend to switch between what you should be doing and what you shouldn’t. By single tasking you are more likely to do what you are supposed to be doing.
- Get rid of distractions – things you may not be thinking of can be distractions. Whether it is gadgets or even checking emails every 5 minutes, this can all distract you. By getting rid or distractions or controlling them, you will have more time on your hands.
Saving time creates time to focus on you and your goals. But finding time is only half the battle. You need to remain as productive as possible with the time you have to make the most of it.
Need help? Here are 51 free productivity apps that can help you out.
About Quick Sprout
We’re here to help you grow your business online and get more traffic. We’ve put together our best tips on how to create a website, finding the best web hosting provider, and in-depth digital marketing guides.
Learn more about our story here.
Make sure to create your site the right way. It’ll make your life so much easier as you build your business. Here’s how we build sites:
- How to Create a Website
- How to Create an Ecommerce Website
- How to Start an Online Store
- How to Start a Blog
- How to Make Money Blogging
- How to Buy a Domain Name
We’ve used every tool out there. Some of them drove our revenue sky-high. Others cost us tens of thousands in lost revenue. Learn from our hard-won experience on which tools can be trusted:
- Best Web Hosting Providers
- Best Email Marketing Services
- Best Website Builder
- Best Dropshipping Companies
- Best Ecommerce Platforms
- Best Domain Registrars
- Best Blogging Platforms
- Best WordPress Plugins
- Shopify Review
- Best SEO Tools
- Best Ecommerce Website Builder
Over 500 guides across 10 subjects. FOR FREE! You can get an MBA in digital marketing just by studying these guides. They’re here for you.
- Digital Marketing
- Link Building
- Email Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Optimization
- Social Media
I’m sharing ten real ways to save time! Click the link here: https://cook.ba/2DBU1hj to get $50 off your first two weeks of Blue Apron and share who you would cook for in the comments below! This video is sponsored by Blue Apron #WhoWouldYouCookFor ❤️Please subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/HowJenDo… ❤️Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/howjendoesit/ ❤️LIKEto.KNOW.it: https://www.liketoknow.it/howjendoesit 💙Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/howjendoesit 💙Eat at Home: https://eatathom.samcart.com/referral… Save 25% by using code JEN25 (menu plan, recipes and grocery lists) 💜Digital Body Analyzer: http://my.vanityplanet.com/jenfit Use code JENFIT at checkout for 60% off! 💜Personal Microdermabrasion Wand: http://my.vanityplanet.com/jenderm use code JENDERM at checkout for 60% off! 💜Hair products that I use: http://liketk.it/2RF5n *Description box contains affiliate links. Thank you to those of you who use my links and codes! What I’m wearing: Sweater: https://www.express.com/clothing/wome… Watch: https://rstyle.me/~aFByM Nail Polish: https://rstyle.me/~aHv76 Primer: https://rstyle.me/~ar1CN Foundation: https://rstyle.me/~ar1EP Bronzer: https://rstyle.me/~ar1C6 Concealer: https://rstyle.me/~ar1Dz Blush: https://rstyle.me/~ar1Df Eye Shadow: https://rstyle.me/~ar1BW and https://rstyle.me/~ar1Cs Eye Liner: https://rstyle.me/~az8ph Mascara: Watch more of my videos: Fall Cleaning Routine | Home and Yard Clean with Me: https://youtu.be/7Q3lzW9fy8c Cooking Cleaning and Answering Your Questions: Cooking Cleaning and Answering Your Questions My Relaxing Fall Nighttime Routine: https://youtu.be/vpakVWPsLCk How To Be More Confident and Your Best Self: https://youtu.be/6gpwJCw90Jo My Weekly Cleaning Routine: https://youtu.be/ojVcEw_ZFRo My Daily Cleaning Habits | How I Keep a Clean and Organized Home: https://youtu.be/L5vpSPCmfMs Zone Cleaning Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list… Clean and Organized Home Challenge: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list… Chandelier in bedroom: http://bit.ly/2JvHUB0 Night Stands: https://amzn.to/2I2uHjz Head Board: https://amzn.to/2HVRYWQ Round Mirror above bed: https://amzn.to/2KhN8ll Duvet Cover: https://rstyle.me/~arwTy Sheets: https://rstyle.me/~arwUu Pink Pillow: https://rstyle.me/~arwUF Paint Color in Master Bedroom: Benjamin Moore Smoke 📷Filming and Lighting Equipment That I Use: Camera: https://amzn.to/2GWgZ0g Camera: https://amzn.to/2GTZoWQ Microphone: https://amzn.to/2qqjcKp Voiceover Mic: https://amzn.to/2JBWE2c Lighting: https://amzn.to/2IO6UTX Ring Light: https://amzn.to/2INaM7L